- After the operation, rest at home for one or two days. This will help the wound to heal.
- Day 1 & 2: No Shower/Bath.
- Remove the dressing 48 hours after surgery.
- Day 3-7: Keep the wound covered with cotton gauze covered with Vaseline. Change the gauze once daily.
- Do not pull or scratch the wound while it is healing.
- You can also apply Xylocaine Jelly all over the penis to give some pain relief as needed. The Xylocaine Jelly can be used every 4 hours.
- You may have a little pain or swelling around the wound. This is normal. Check occasionally to make sure that it does not get worse. Take any medicines provided or recommended by Dr. Hajoona. Be sure to follow the instructions given to you.
If any of the following occurs, call Dr. Hajoona, return to the clinic, or go to your nearest Emergency Department:
- you notice increased bleeding from the surgical wound;
- the pain or swelling at the surgical wound gets progressively worse;
- you have difficulty in passing urine;
- you develop a fever within one week of surgery;
- you have severe pain in the lower abdomen;
- the wound is discharging pus.
If you have any of these problems, return to the clinic or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
Please make an appointment to see Dr. Hajoona 2-3 weeks after the circumcision for an examination of the surgical wound.