- You can also apply Xylocaine Jelly as needed. The Xylocaine Jelly can be applied all over the private part to give some pain relief. The Xylocaine Jelly can be used every 4 hours.
- You may have a little pain or swelling around the wound. This is normal. Check occasionally to make sure that it does not get worse. Take any medicines provided or recommended by Dr. Hajoona. Be sure to follow the instructions given to you.
Return to the clinic or call:
- if you notice increased bleeding from the surgical wound;
- if the pain or swelling at the surgical wound gets progressively worse;
- if you have difficulty in passing urine;
- if you develop a fever within one week of surgery;
- if you have severe pain in the lower abdomen;
- if the wound is discharging pus.
- If you have any of these problems, return to clinic or go to your nearest Emergency Department
Please make an appointment to see Dr. Hajoona 2-3 weeks after your child is circumcised for an examination of the surgical wound.